Monday, October 24, 2016

Guest Post: Caps by Mistress Katana

Greetings everyone! A few quick points to get to:

Firstly, I have had a lot of trouble getting online the past week or so, and I figure some other people have as well given the drop in traffic on the blog. So I'm adding a week to the Halloween Contest Deadline: the new deadline will be October 30th, so I can post all the caps on Halloween itself.

I've gotten a lot of submissions already, but not from as many people as I was hoping for and I figure this will give folks a bit more time to finish captions, especially if they've been hit with the same internet problems I've been dealing with.

Secondly, I've been rethinking the contest prize and what to give people. I'm now thinking that I'll let the contest winner (or winners, if I get enough people entering) to pick a picture from my list of Halloween contest pics and I'll make a Halloween caption for them based on that pic.

Also, to steal an idea from Doctor Psycho's Exec2Sec blog, I'll let the winner pick 3 words that have to play a part in their prize caption. But the details are up to me.

[For example, if the winner said "Bimbo, Implants, Heels" and Contest Picture #1, the caption might be about a bimbo getting her boyfriend to cover her chest in breast-enlargement cream, because she had her implants taken out after a nasty fall due to her high-heels the previous month and desperately needs bigger tits to fit into her Halloween costume.

Or the winner could say something less generic, like "Glue, Time-Stop, Chopsticks" just to add a challenge, for extra fun.]

In the past I've let the winners dictate what sort of caps they want as a prize and it's been a lot of trouble finding the right pics to work from and hard to come up with a clever idea to fit all their particular guidelines. But with these Halloween contest pictures, I've had ideas for most of them for ages, which is partly why I picked them for the contest.

So it should make things a bit easier on me, to actually finish the prize captions this time. Hopefully.

Anyeay, 'nuff about all that, on to today's captions. Mistress Katana has sent in several contest submissions already, but has also sent me these 6 guest captions. Most are using the same pics from the contest, but the captions aren't specifically Halloween-themed.







As always, let MK know what you think down in the comments, and have a happy case of the Monday's everybody! :-)

- B-Rex

4 comments:

  1. Great captions Mistress Katana. i look forward to seeing your other entries ff the contest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, very interesting take on that first one(and a cruel twist, too ^w^), and a lovely series, too!

    And now, off to make my own caps that I almost couldn't get done, teehee! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the new prize idea is an excellent one, and very fitting for the greater context of what you're trying to do right now.

    Many of the captions are fun, particularly the names for each girl, although the ending in the 3rd one felt on the sad side.

    I'm still trying to complete my entries for the contest, but with the extension I'm still hopeful that I'll finish in time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for your kind words everyone.
    Meisa I agree with you that test subject 002 does have quite a sad ending. I was trying to show trial and error during product testing but it went darker than expected. Unfortunely I couldn't think of a better way to end it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...