Monday, July 22, 2019

Labor Day 2



Greetings, all! Very bad storms in my area, spent last night without power, so thought I'd post this now rather than wait for Tuesday. Otherwise, I might not be able to post it at all.

This is the next part of Peggy the Office Preggo's little journey, obviously I'd recommend you read the previous post first.

Please let me know what you think of this one. I've been toying with the idea of a longer story version, since I think the idea of an implant taking over a man's life could be expanded upon considerably.

- B-Rex

Oh, and I've posted my opening scene draft from my CEB3 story on the Patreon/SS pages.


Labor Day 2

***

"I still can't believe you actually fell for that, Pegs! Implantable wombs, triplets, and all!" Vicki's voice gushed through the phone. "Honestly, dear, you should've seen your face, it was to die for!!"

Peter, or rather, Peggy Reggo, sighed heavily.

"Dammit Vick--er, Miss Denmore, how much further? My ankles are killing me." He looked around. "And why do I need a new office downtown anyway?"

"Not far now, Peggy. And why all the complaining, I thought you'd be delighted to no longer have to fumble around the office like a pregnant secretary all day? Now you even get to be an office manager again, isn't that what you wanted?"

Peter pushed his hair out of his face, staring around the unfamiliar neighborhood. "I guess... But why do I have to park in the old parking garage under Headquarters? This new implant must weigh twice as much as the old one and I've had to walk like ten blocks just to get here."

Vicki only laughed. "Oh, speaking of your new implant, how is your 'baby' doing? This is your first long walk since you woke up, so it should be fully charged up by now."

He stopped mid-stride and bit his lip. After a long second, he gasped, "If you must know, the little bastard just kicked me in the bladder. Hard." He winced as the urge to urinate slowly receded again. "I really don't see why I needed a new implant anyway, couldn't the doctors have just put in a new saline one like the last implant?"

"They could have, but this is far more fun," Vicki chortled. "Besides, the hospital gave it to you for free. These things aren't cheap, you know. And it's so much more interactive than that inert saline bag was; now you not only get to look pregnant, but you get to feel pregnant."

Deep inside Peter's belly, the twenty pound Pregnancy Simulator 3000 suddenly decided to do a somersault. A tiny robotic piston pushed out, creating a noticeable bump on his belly. Then another, and another. "Shit, it's gone crazy! It won't stop kicking me! Turn it off!!"

"It can't be turned off. Didn't you read the owner's manual I gave you, Pegs?"

"No," Peter admitted, hesitantly, wincing as another series of sporadic kicks began. He had a sudden mental image of the little implant playing drums with the inside of his 'womb'. At least it hadn't hit his bladder again. Yet.

Vicki sighed. "You are supposed to play music to the implant every few hours, that's why I uploaded so much classical to your new phone. Well, it's too late for that now, you've set the software off." He heard the distinct sound of his new boss flipping through a thick book. "Okay, you need to check the app I put on your phone. The implant will be communicating to it."

Peter searched his phone, finding the 'Baby Monitor' app and opened it. "It's flashing 'Craving: Pickles and Ice Cream'; does that mean anything?"

Vicki laughed. "Yes, it means your 'baby' wants you to eat pickles and ice cream, otherwise it won't settle down."

Peter winced in disgust. "I hate pickles," he muttered under his breath.

"You'll just have to get used to them. And who knows what bizarre cravings you'll have next time. The implant has thousands of fun combinations programmed into it, and... I just might have let the office girls throw out a few suggestions of their own."

Peter winced, again.

"Anyway, your new office has plenty of pickles and ice cream in the break area, so just focus on getting there, you aren't far now."

Peter sighed, but continued to waddle on. His new implant wasn't just heavier, thanks to the advanced internal mechanisms and rechargeable battery, but it was also far larger than the old saline-filled implant the ER surgeons had accidentally removed. He felt tight as a drum and the kicking wasn't helping.

Two blocks passed, as he struggled to get to wherever his destination was. Several people stopped him, wanting to chat about his obvious pregnancy, when the child was due, rubbing his belly, laughing as the implant dutifully kicked back, and so on.

"Okay, your phone's GPS says you're right outside your new office," Vicki's voice suddenly blatted in his ear.

"Finally! I swear to God, if any of my new subordinates tries to touch my belly, I'm going to fire them on the spot."

"Oh, I wouldn't worry about that, Pegs. You're the only employee, at least so far. It is a new division, after all."

Peter frowned at this, and looked around, wondering which of the various buildings was his new workplace. Suddenly he gasped.

"No. Oh, no no no!"

Vicki's voice cooed in his ear. "Oh, yes, dear."

Peter stared up at the sign over the entrance to the small building, and felt a chill run down his strained back. "I--you can't be serious!"

"Serious as a heart attack. You see, Peggy, my very first act as CEO was to reinstate the maternity leave program that you cut out of the budget," Vicki explained. "Naturally, that has led to other issues that needed to be addressed; namely, what to do when our new mothers come back to work. They can very well leave their babies at home alone, can they? And given your your years of experience managing the company, I couldn't imagine a better person to head up our new childcare service."

The sign beckoned down at him like the epitaph on his gravestone:

Peggy's Free Daycare and Babysitting Center.

"I--" he began, but couldn't seem to get his lips to work.

"--will look absolutely adorable changing diapers all day, I'm sure," Vicki finished for him.

***

7 comments:

  1. Such a perfect series! Really hope we get a longer story if you're still feeling inspired by the idea, so many directions to take it and the idea of a preggo man is just too good to miss! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so perfect. I to hope it can continue in time & crave it as much as pickles & Ice cream. XD

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe it's just me, but I'd like to see him get his revenge at some point. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Alyssa @ Making MaidensJuly 24, 2019 at 10:13 AM

    I love the cravings idea so much - so devilish! Can't get out my my mind the image of Mr Hotshot running to the convenience store late at night, buying a pack of kippers and ice cream, and devouring the whole lot as greedily as possible in an attempt to stop the kickings :) Will now spend the rest of my day googling 'pregnancy cravings' :) Oh, if only someone would 'knock me up'!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please, please, oh PLEASE tell me that Peggy is lactating!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll say, the fake-out at the beginning annoyed me a bit at first, but the increasing list of nuisances and humiliations that pile up until Peggy's final destination is delicious. I'm very happier to see Peggy forced to work in his karmic hell than the fate he was teased with by the end of the last part. ;P

    Also, I love how the picture makes him seem quite disgruntled. I guess those heels must be torture, indeed. XD

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...